Investigation of Epidemiological, Anatomical, and Risk Factors of the Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection, in Mazandaran Heart Center

Message:
Article Type:
Research/Original Article (دارای رتبه معتبر)
Abstract:
Introduction

Aortic aneurysm is one of the most common cardiovascular diseases that can lead to numerous challenges for patients. The mortality rate of ruptured Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (TAA) is observed to be high. In order to reduce this high rate, appropriate methods to diagnose TAA as well as its useful and aggravating fac- tors are to be developed and/or identified. The objective of this study is the evaluation of the thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection, in Mazandaran Heart Center.

Methods

This cross-sectional study with a census de- sign was performed on all patients with thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection who have undergone aneurysm surgery, from December 2010 to January 2019. Patients’ information was extracted from their medical records archive. SPSS 16.0 was used for statistical analysis.

Results

From 53 patients with a thoracic aortic aneurysm, 77.4% were male. The mean age of patients was 59.70±12.07 years. 21 (39.6%) patients were more than or equal to 60 years old, while the remaining 32 (60.4%) were less than 60 years of age. The overall mortality rate was 11.3%. The mean aortic diameter of the patients was 5.42 cm. All patients had type A dissection. In other words, type B was not seen.

Conclusion

Given the high prevalence and high mortality rate of thoracic aortic aneurysm, early screening can be beneficial and can increase the survival rate of patients. Laboratory and pathologic find- ings, along with clinical findings, can be very beneficial in early diagnosis.

Language:
English
Published:
Men's health journal, Volume:3 Issue: 1, Winter 2019
Page:
9
magiran.com/p2120274  
دانلود و مطالعه متن این مقاله با یکی از روشهای زیر امکان پذیر است:
اشتراک شخصی
با عضویت و پرداخت آنلاین حق اشتراک یک‌ساله به مبلغ 1,390,000ريال می‌توانید 70 عنوان مطلب دانلود کنید!
اشتراک سازمانی
به کتابخانه دانشگاه یا محل کار خود پیشنهاد کنید تا اشتراک سازمانی این پایگاه را برای دسترسی نامحدود همه کاربران به متن مطالب تهیه نمایند!
توجه!
  • حق عضویت دریافتی صرف حمایت از نشریات عضو و نگهداری، تکمیل و توسعه مگیران می‌شود.
  • پرداخت حق اشتراک و دانلود مقالات اجازه بازنشر آن در سایر رسانه‌های چاپی و دیجیتال را به کاربر نمی‌دهد.
In order to view content subscription is required

Personal subscription
Subscribe magiran.com for 70 € euros via PayPal and download 70 articles during a year.
Organization subscription
Please contact us to subscribe your university or library for unlimited access!