Chemical composition antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of fucoidan extracted from two species of brown seaweeds (Sargassum ilicifolium and S.angustifolium) around Qeshm Island
Article Type:
Research/Original Article (دارای رتبه معتبر)
The chemical compositions, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of fucoidan extracted from Sargassum ilicifolium and S.angustifolium were investigated. The results showed that these seaweeds were characterized by an acceptable level of minerals and proteins. The fatty acid profile was dominated by the palmitic acid, which represents about 37.44±0.01% and 23.05±0.01% of the total fatty acids, followed by oleic acid (13.83±0.01% and 45.30±0.01%) for S. ilicifoliumand S. angustifolium, respectively. Swelling capacity, water holding capacity and oil holding capacity were varied in two different temperatures (25◦C and 37◦C).The antioxidant activities of fucoidan including DPPH, superoxide-hydroxyl radical scavenging, chelating ability and reducing power were considerable. The correlation of sulfate and phenol contents with scavenging superoxide radical ability, chelating ability and reducing power was positive. The antibacterial activity was evaluated by disc diffusion method against Bacillus subtilis and Staphylococcus aureus (gram positive bacteria) and Escherichia coli and Salmonella enteritidis (gram negative bacteria). There were no positive results against gram negative bacteria. In the concentration of 5 mg ml-1 small clear inhibition zones was observed against B.subtilis and S.aureus. On the basis of obtaining results from antioxidant activities, fucoidanis suggested as potential natural and safe antioxidant agents in the nutraceutical industry.
Iranian Journal of Fisheries Sciences, Volume:18 Issue: 3, Jul 2019
457 to 475  
دانلود و مطالعه متن این مقاله با یکی از روشهای زیر امکان پذیر است:
اشتراک شخصی
با عضویت و پرداخت آنلاین حق اشتراک یک‌ساله به مبلغ 990,000ريال می‌توانید 70 عنوان مطلب دانلود کنید!
اشتراک سازمانی
به کتابخانه دانشگاه یا محل کار خود پیشنهاد کنید تا اشتراک سازمانی این پایگاه را برای دسترسی نامحدود همه کاربران به متن مطالب تهیه نمایند!
  • حق عضویت دریافتی صرف حمایت از نشریات عضو و نگهداری، تکمیل و توسعه مگیران می‌شود.
  • پرداخت حق اشتراک و دانلود مقالات اجازه بازنشر آن در سایر رسانه‌های چاپی و دیجیتال را به کاربر نمی‌دهد.
In order to view content subscription is required

Personal subscription
Subscribe for 50 € euros via PayPal and download 70 articles during a year.
Organization subscription
Please contact us to subscribe your university or library for unlimited access!