GIS-based support vector machine model in shallow landslide hazards prediction: A case study on Ilam dam watershed, Iran

Message:
Article Type:
Research/Original Article (بدون رتبه معتبر)
Abstract:
Background and objective

The SVM algorithm is an applied method that has been considered in recent years to study landslides. The main purpose of this study is to evaluate the mapping power of the GIS-based SVM model with kernel functions analysis for spatial prediction of landslides at the Ilam dam watershed.

Materials and methods

According to review sources, 14 underlying factors including elevation, slope, aspect, plan curvature, profile curvature, LS factor, TWI, SPI, Lithologic units, land cover, NDVI, road distance, distance to the drainage channel, distance to fault were selected as factors affecting the occurrence of landslides in the study area and the mentioned layers were prepared in the GIS. In the present study, the non-linear two-class SVM method was used, the two-class SVM requires both datasets representing the occurrence of landslides and non-occurrence of landslides. The landslide inventory was randomly divided into a training dataset of 75% for building the models and the remaining 25% for the validation of the models.

Results and conclusion:

The validation results showed that the area of the prediction-rate curve under the curve (AUC) for landslide susceptibility maps produced by the SVM linear function, SVM polynomial function, SVM radial basic function, and SVM sigmoid function are 0.946, 0.931, 0.912, and 0.871 respectively. To assess the influences of factors on the landslide susceptibility map were used the Cohen’s kappa index of the model. The result shows that the most effective factors are the distance to roads, distance to drainages, and plan curvature in this area.

Language:
English
Published:
Journal of Nature and Spatial Sciences, Volume:1 Issue: 1, Winter and Spring 2021
Pages:
59 to 84
magiran.com/p2278662  
دانلود و مطالعه متن این مقاله با یکی از روشهای زیر امکان پذیر است:
اشتراک شخصی
با عضویت و پرداخت آنلاین حق اشتراک یک‌ساله به مبلغ 1,390,000ريال می‌توانید 70 عنوان مطلب دانلود کنید!
اشتراک سازمانی
به کتابخانه دانشگاه یا محل کار خود پیشنهاد کنید تا اشتراک سازمانی این پایگاه را برای دسترسی نامحدود همه کاربران به متن مطالب تهیه نمایند!
توجه!
  • حق عضویت دریافتی صرف حمایت از نشریات عضو و نگهداری، تکمیل و توسعه مگیران می‌شود.
  • پرداخت حق اشتراک و دانلود مقالات اجازه بازنشر آن در سایر رسانه‌های چاپی و دیجیتال را به کاربر نمی‌دهد.
In order to view content subscription is required

Personal subscription
Subscribe magiran.com for 70 € euros via PayPal and download 70 articles during a year.
Organization subscription
Please contact us to subscribe your university or library for unlimited access!