Graphical Analysis of Grain Yield Stability for Selection of Superior Faba Bean (Vicia faba L.) Genotypes

Message:
Article Type:
Research/Original Article (دارای رتبه معتبر)
Abstract:
To investigate stability, pattern of G×E interaction, 10 faba bean genotypes (G1-G10) as well as four control cultivars; Barekat, Saraziri, Baloochi and Zereshki were evaluated using randomized complete block design with three replications in four agricultural research field stations of Gorgan, Dezful, Brojerd, and Iranshahr, for two cropping seasons (2014-15 and 2015-16). The results of composite variance analysis showed that the main effect of year, the interaction of year × location and the triple effect of year × location × genotype on grain yield were significant at the probability level of 1%. GGE -biplot analysis (genotype effect+ genotype×environment interaction) revealed that the two first and second principal explained 84.7% and 6.6% of total variation, respectively, and 91.3% of the grain yield variation. Based on a hypothetical ideal genotype biplot, the genotype G9 was better than the other genotypes across environments for stability and grain yield. View of polygon graph revealed superior mega-environments and the compatible genotypes were determined for each mega-environment; Gorgan- Brojerd (G9) and Iranshahr (G14). G9, G1, and G4 genotypes with average grain yield of 3479, 2808 and 2739 kgha-1, respectively, had the highest grain yield. Based on GEI and GGE-biplot analysis, Gorgan and Brojerd experimental environments had good differentiation ability. Finally, genotypes G1, G5, G9, and G10 were the most stable genotypes and can be used in breeding programs.
Language:
Persian
Published:
Iranian Journal of Field Crop Science, Volume:54 Issue: 3, 2023
Pages:
41 to 52
magiran.com/p2632606  
دانلود و مطالعه متن این مقاله با یکی از روشهای زیر امکان پذیر است:
اشتراک شخصی
با عضویت و پرداخت آنلاین حق اشتراک یک‌ساله به مبلغ 1,390,000ريال می‌توانید 70 عنوان مطلب دانلود کنید!
اشتراک سازمانی
به کتابخانه دانشگاه یا محل کار خود پیشنهاد کنید تا اشتراک سازمانی این پایگاه را برای دسترسی نامحدود همه کاربران به متن مطالب تهیه نمایند!
توجه!
  • حق عضویت دریافتی صرف حمایت از نشریات عضو و نگهداری، تکمیل و توسعه مگیران می‌شود.
  • پرداخت حق اشتراک و دانلود مقالات اجازه بازنشر آن در سایر رسانه‌های چاپی و دیجیتال را به کاربر نمی‌دهد.
دسترسی سراسری کاربران دانشگاه پیام نور!
اعضای هیئت علمی و دانشجویان دانشگاه پیام نور در سراسر کشور، در صورت ثبت نام با ایمیل دانشگاهی، تا پایان فروردین ماه 1403 به مقالات سایت دسترسی خواهند داشت!
In order to view content subscription is required

Personal subscription
Subscribe magiran.com for 70 € euros via PayPal and download 70 articles during a year.
Organization subscription
Please contact us to subscribe your university or library for unlimited access!